Hello from a true newbie

Started by LindaHT, October 09, 2012, 06:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LindaHT

Hi, I came across this site looking for some games for my Paint Shop Pro forum.
Unless it comes in a mod pkg, I have no clue, lol.

Many thanks
Linda

beast

We welcome you. You will find a lot of help on all diff things here

:baghead:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Hello LindHT and welcome aboard. :)

Do you have an arcade installed yet? If not, you will need to install SMFArcade's official arcade or Underdog's Hack (better, imo) as a mod then you can add games to it.

The only games here are the same ones that are on the SMFArcade.net forum.

LindaHT

I do not know how to install it.

Skhilled

Have you installed any themes or mods before?

And can I see a link to your forum, please? To use those mods you should be using SMF version 2.0.2, which is the latest version. :)

LindaHT

www.taggingfriendz.com   Yes I am using smf 2.0.2.  The only mods I have installed are the ones that automatical install with the package manager.

We only want a few games, like solitare, simple quick games for the peope that do not make tags.  We are a Paint shop pro, PS, type forum that make signature tags.

Thank you

Skhilled

Very nicely done logo. :)

There are no mods or themes automatically installed with the Package Manager. The Package Manager is to be used to install mods only. To install themes you must go to Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Manager and Install...

At the bottom of that page use: Install a new theme -> From a file to install themes.

It is highly suggested that you take some time to find some themes that you wish to use before installing any mods. I also suggest that you take a little time to familiarize yourself with the general SMF settings. The reason for this is because some SMF themes and mods will modify your SMF forum's admin and other settings to the point where you will no recognize what is SMF and what is part of the theme or mod. ;)

To make things easier, ALWAYS install your themes first! Then your mods... Themes cannot detect mods that are already installed and you will have to manually add the code of the mods already installed into the themes.

Mod can detect what themes are installed and attach the proper code making things a lot easier on you...providing the themes has no problems that need fixing first. LOL